Lots of readers who want to have a One For the Money party have asked us for some ideas. Here are our top five ideas…
1. Wear your OFTM, Rangeman or Plum shirts (make sure you check off your choice if you have a choose-your-man shirt.)
2. While you are waiting for the movie to start hold a trivia contest:
- In the book, One For the Money, what is the name of the lingerie company Stephanie gets fired from? (E.E. Martin)
- What is Grandma Mazur’s first name? (Edna)
- In what book does Ranger get shot? (One For the Money and Twelve Sharp)
- In which book does Benito Ramirez get killed? (High Five)
- What is Lula allergic to? (Cats)
- Who lives next door to Frank and Helen Plum? (Mabel Markowitz)
- What is Mooner’s real name? (Walter Dunphy)
- In which book did Stephanie burn down a funeral home? (Two For the Dough)
- In which book did Stephanie and Ranger first do the deed? (Hard Eight)
- In which book did Stephanie and Morelli first do the deed? (Four to Score)
- Is or is not the greatest moment in Fearless Fourteen when Mooner shoots the potato cannon? — discuss.
- What is the name of the monkey that attacks Stephanie and Lula when Lula accidentally opens the bathroom door (Carl)
- What did Connie put in her front yard in thanks for her house not burning down? (statue of the Virgin Mary)
- What kind of car did Grandma Mazur buy from Dougie \”The Dealer\” ? (corvette)
- What type of clothing does Stephanie say her father prefers? (The Tony Soprano line from J.C, Penney.)
And because Mike pointed out we need more stuff for men:
- Name at least three types of P.O.S. cars Stephanie has driven? (Big Blue, Nissan pickup, Rollswagon, etc.)
- Which of Ranger’s cars got squashed by a garbage truck? (Porsche 911)
- What kind of tattoo does Joe Morelli have? (Eagle)
Have a good trivia question? E-mail it to us using the form below (or to firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll add our favorites here, on the party page.
Trivia prizes can be:
- A bag of Cheeze Doodles
- A Tastykake
- Ranger or Morelli’s phone number (sorry people, we can’t hand them out. But you can make something up like BAT-MANN, THE-BAT-CAVE or MMM-MOR-ELLI). E-mail us your funny 7 or 10 letter phone number for Ranger and/or Morelli, and we’ll post our favorites here, on the party page.
A special thanks to reader, Laurie, who really embraced phone number fun.
Morelli or Ranger Phone Numbers:
Morelli’s Phone Numbers:
1(800)EVIL-EYE (more Grandma Bella, but we like it!)
Ranger’s Phone Numbers:
1(800)PRO-TECT Ext#STEPH — Ranger\’s direct line!
1(BON)D-N-4S-MNT – (BOND ENFORCEMENT)
- Handcuffs (we would go with the 99 cent plastic ones, but hey…it’s your party)
3. Before or after the movie, celebrate with Stephanie’s favorite… someone else’s birthday cake. If there aren’t any cakes that weren’t picked up have a random name put on one, so it looks like a leftover that you got at a discount. For example “Happy Birthday Kevin.”
4. Print out our Monthly Contest and see who can find the end of the maze first.
5. Have a Pino’s, Cluck in the Bucket and Tasty Pastry pot luck before the movie with your own brand of pizza, chicken and doughnuts.
Reader Party Food Suggestions:
- Pineapple upside down cake
- Bottled Beer
- Glazed Donuts
** Make sure you take some pictures of your party. Send your pictures to us (email@example.com), and we’ll post party pictures on the site.**